Sportline Rally Car
C107 124 SLC | 0-60 in 5.9 Sec | 255 BHP
Dimond Blue / SLC
Wet, dirty roads, mud, dust and snow… Not exactly the natural habitat of a well preened R107 SL, but for international endurance racing, an SL makes the perfect contender.
The ideal car for an international endurance rally must have a powerful engine, superb reliability, excellent build quality and a comfortable ride – look no further than the SLC.
When we were approached to assist with the build of an SLC that was to compete in the Classic Persia event, we were only too happy to help. The rally sees 10 competitors driving 4,000 miles through the ancient Persian empire, taking in Iraq and finishing in Dubai.
The SLC completed the rally with flying colours.
- Lightened and balanced flywheel and crank
- Revised injection system (featuring larger Mercedes-Benz injectors)
- Distribution Pack replacd with modern ignition coil pack for a more precise spark and better throttle response
- Mapped ignition via Omex ECU
- Free-flow performance air filter
- Re-engineered throttle linkage for better pedal response
- Performance camshaft with revised cam profile, tuned for torque
- Ported and polished head for better breathing
- Bespoke stainless steel exhaust system
- Mercedes-Benz 5 speed manual gearbox
- Adjustable progressive springs and bespoke dampers, tuned to the weight and feel of the car
- Bespoke anti-roll bar
- Aluminium rear trailing arms with anti-squat links
- Stronger, uprated suspension bushes
- Performance discs, vented and grooved for effective cooling
- Performance brake pads
- Limited-slip differential for improved traction and acceleration
- Full professional geometry set-up
- Removal of unnecessary interior components depending on application
- Bespoke Roll Cage fabrication
- Race seating fitment to required specification for driver and passenger where required
- Range of alternative steering wheels dependent on application to included dished options
- Fitment of 4/5/6 point harness’ to driver and passenger seating
- Installation of tracking, timing and video recording equipment
- Air Conditioning
Own SportLine ZERO
What began as our dream can now be your reality – the order books are open. Even before the ink dried on our electric car brochure we began seeing enquiries from around the world, interested parties who had caught wind of the SportLine Zero project and wanted to be involved.
Electric Vehicles have now moved out of the shadows and firmly into the limelight, and as daily drivers, they are certainly here to stay. Many capital cities around the world are now increasing the restrictions on emissions, so why let that impact your classic car enjoyment?
At the time of writing there are 21 towns with low emissions zones, including London and Edinburgh. Worldwide the trend is increasing, with European cities embracing clean air zones and pushing petrol heads out of key cities. We don’t believe this should be the end of classic car enjoyment in these places, we believe it presents an opportunity to make the ultimate statement of style, sophistication and forward thinking.
As with our SportLine collaborations, a SportLine Zero project is a joint undertaking between SLSHOP and yourself. This is not an off the shelf product, this is a custom build, finished to your specification. Everything can be set to your exact requirements, from the finish of the cabin, to the paint and chrome, down to the way the car handles and accelerates. Choose from a range of standard SL or SportLine touches, the finest materials and set your own palette when it comes to colour.
It doesn’t just have to be an R107, either.
Picture the delicate lines of Paul Bracq’s Pagoda drifting silently along the lawn at your local Rotary Club show, electric motor humming along giving an air of dignity while packing more acceleration than even the 280SL ever managed.
Or the sweeping, curvaceous lines of that 1950s fashion icon, the 190SL. A timeless shape that’s stylistically future proof, freed from the shackles of its ancient four-cylinder engine and instead using electric power to bring beauty to the world?
We have the expertise and the know how to build your dream classic electric Mercedes-Benz, whether that’s an R107, a W113 Pagoda, a W121 190SL or something else. We have donor cars ready and waiting, the only limit is your imagination…
Should it be Nautic Blue, Classic White, Impala Brown or Icon Gold? Will you follow our lead on the subdued acceleration or would you like to be a bearer of traffic light surprises?
Whatever path you choose for your electric SL, we are excited to start working on your very own SportLine Zero.
You May Also Like
Why not get behind the wheel of our
Sportline race car see see how it feels.
CARE membership plans
Join Our Family
Improve your SL
Increase the value it brings you
For every SL owner we have met, the key aspect in ownership and running these amazing motorcars is ensuring that this prized possession remains a joy to use whenever, wherever and however; protecting and increasing its value over time.
As World’s largest specialist in classic SL’s we have drawn upon our experience with our customers, with hundreds of cars and thousands of hours behind the wheel and under the ramp to develop CARE; a way of engaging a community of owners and protecting the value of their investments as well as enhancing their cars condition, reliability and desirability.